Did you ever think about the fact that we spend approximately 40 hours per week in the office? That is about a third of a day! I don’t know about you, but I sure like to feel attractive for that entire part of the day. To me, it’s the heels that are always there to boost up my sexiness level.
A lot of my office colleagues have confessed that they also feel the prettiest when wearing the most comfortable high heels. It has actually been proved that wearing pumps will instantly improve your body posture, and together with that, boost your confidence. Yet, the problem with spending 8 hours per day on high heels is that it’s very exhausting and hurts your legs quite badly.
Girls around the web tend to always say that “home is where the bra comes off”. To me home is the place where the freakin’ shoes go off! I have to confess, for the past 2 years of my full-time office job, this was the moment of the day I was looking forward to most.
It was 3 months ago that it stroke me: why do I have to go through all this pain and struggle just for the sake of feeling sexy? Isn’t there some way to combine being pretty with the luxury of being comfy?
And so, I have decided to take a comfy heels shopping tour. It wasn’t easy, and by the end of the day I hated all types of shoes. Meanwhile, all the shop assistants hated me for being so persistent. But let’s face it! What are the legit reasons in blaming a woman who is on her pursuit in finding THE PAIR?
In order to save a painful shopping day at the mall for you, I’ll just write down my own conclusions on how to find the most comfy pair of office heels.
- First of all, go for a good brand. Nothing defines comfort and stability better than a high quality material for the soles, together with the firm grip of a well sewn textile piece.
- Material is also an aspect that matters a lot to me. Go for leather! Leather all around, or suede. Suede shoes are generally softer, and they adjust to your foot shape much faster than regular leather. High quality leather is also soft and malleable enough, so that it makes your foot feel like it’s entered a soft cotton ball.
- Another criteria you should consider is the heel itself! Of course, high heels are what all of us girls are aiming for. But higher doesn’t necessarily mean better. When measuring different types of shoes, make sure you feel just right in them. Think about that tall colleague that sits across your desk, I’m sure you want to be at least as tall her. But also, remember how tall your boss is. If he’s that short man, with a huge ego, then you might want to reconsider the idea of becoming twice his height. It is just for the sake of keep yourself away from the moment of looking down at him (not that you wouldn’t be enjoying it ;)).
- Comfy heels for the office should also be very stable. How many of you had experienced the broken stiletto? It’s just so annoying, and for sure unnecessary in the office rooms, where you have to run up and down all the three floors quite often. Two Comfy Shoes offer the best advice on how to choose your shoes depending on what are you looking for.
- Now, one tricky part for me was finding the right color for the shoes. I have a preference for shoes with a distinct color. Because of this it is always tricky to match them with the rest of the office outfit. I do not want to end up looking like a clown, but at the same time I want to have the shoes who will make the girls at the office go all like: “Whoa, where did you manage to find this shade?”. This way, I also make sure I won’t have the same pair of shoes as anyone else in there.
- One last piece of advice I have for you, is of course… the price. Maybe this should have gone as first, but I tend to think that a good comfortable pair of heels is an investment, therefore worth a higher amount, as long as it saves time, power and sanity on the long term. Let’s face it, a good pair of heels will serve you well on the long run.
To round it up, this is the comfy pair of shoes I ended up with after 10 hours of annoying shop-assistants and killing my own soles. I just can’t deny the stability they are offering, with their 5 ¼ in. The height of those red suede pumps brings me in the middle ground of being at a safe height. They also have this perfect, neutral toe box which brings in a sophisticated and classy impression. So yes, my personal preference regarding the comfiest heels for office wear is the pumps.